Back To School Tips + New Faces
The new school year is here and as we all settle back into our school routines, I’d like to send a quick reminder about ways in which your child can optimise their health and wellbeing. These are all easy to implement steps and activities which promote healthy habits, keeping their minds and bodies active.
- Backpacks should be worn correctly and packed with care. Please ensure both straps are used when wearing the bag, securing the waist and chest straps. Try to limit the load and weight by only packing the essentials, with the heaviest items towards the back of the bag.
- Lunch and snacks. When packing a lunch box, make sure you include a healthy and balanced selection of food and snacks, providing the nutrients necessary for learning, concentration and energy. This includes fruit and vegetables and of course, a bottle of water for hydration.
- Posture. Sitting up straight in the classroom helps to maintain spinal health. Both feet should be on the floor, seated with your shoulders back and relaxed.
- Exercise and movement is important at any age, particularly for our young people. Children should be encouraged to get at least 1-hour of exercise every day. This can be walking or bike riding to and from school, sport, scooter riding, swimming and more. Make it fun and get out there with them.
- Screen time should be monitored and when you can, reduced to two hours of recreational screen time a day.
I am a Mum as well and am passionate about providing care and advice to enhance the health and wellbeing of your whole family. As an easy visual checklist and reminder on the above, please download and print out the ‘Back 2 School’ checklist prepared by the Australian Chiropractors Association (ACA). Or if you’d like to make an appointment for an adjustment, contact us on (07) 4055 1667 or email email@example.com
New Faces & Welcome Arrivals
In other new year news, we extend a big welcome to our new Chiropractic Assistant, Kerry Taylor. Kerry (pictured above left) started with us in January and if you haven’t seen her already, she will greet you when you are next in clinic. Kerry has previous medical reception experience with a local Paediatrician and is a Mum of 3 children, aged between 10 and 5 years of age.
We’d also like to congratulate Melissa, who is currently on maternity leave and welcomed a baby boy Harrison on 1 January 2021 (pictured above right). Melissa and Shawn are enjoying parenthood and spending precious time with their son.
At Chiropractic for Health we’re excited for 2021 and the year ahead and look forward to seeing you soon.